Sassafras Creek Farm is a USDA certified organic, diversified vegetable farm in Leonardtown, Maryland, located south of Washington, D.C and established in 2011. We are a husband and wife team growing 6 acres of vegetables and 30 acres of cover crops year-round. Be a part of our farm team, learn organic farming, make new friends and get plenty of fresh, organic vegetables! For more information about our farm, please see our website!
Crew members work together with the Farmer/Owner on a wide range of tasks that include:
- Harvesting, washing, and packaging
- Greenhouse seeding
- High tunnel production
- Assisting at farmer’s market
- Irrigation management
- Mulch laying & removal
- Field preparation & clean-up
- Farm maintenance
- Hand weeding (limited)
- Row cover management
- Disease and pest scouting
Starts: March Ends: December App Deadline: Open
- Full-time seasonal (5 days/week; 8-9 hours/day) – or –
- Part-time seasonal (2-3 days/week; 8-9 hours/day). Friday is a required workday during the farmers market season (April – November). Other days are negotiable.
Qualifications & Preferences
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 season’s experience in farming or similar field
- Ability to work efficiently doing outdoor physical labor, lift and carry 50 lbs
- Experience working in a fast-paced team outdoors environment
- Ability to focus on quality while performing repetitive tasks
- Willingness to learn and take on responsibilities to help manage assigned crops
- A can-do attitude, attention-to-detail and able to work well with others
- Mechanical aptitude
- Full-time Seasonal – Starting at $12 – $16 / hour, depending on experience
- Part-time Seasonal – $11 – $14 / hour, depending on experience
- Housing available.
- You will learn small-scale organic vegetable production on a mechanized, modern, year-round, diversified, profitable market farm
- Free produce for your own use
- Opportunities for increased responsibility, long-term employment, and partnership
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you soon!