Bloom® is DC Water’s Class A, Exceptional Quality biosolids soil amendment. Blue Drop markets and sells Bloom in the mid-Atlantic area in partnership with DC Water. A combination of DC Water and Blue Drop staff make up the team on this program.
The Bloom Sales Representative is one of three sales positions for the Bloom program. This position requires on-the-road, direct selling to agriculture and/or other land application and bulk purchasers. Regional sales territory will include Maryland, Northern Virginia, Southern Pennsylvania. We are looking for someone who is well-connected in the mid-Atlantic and can use those connections to build the program.
- Ensures that Blue Drop and DC Water meet sales targets for Bloom by directly selling the product to farm customers and/or other land application and bulk purchasers.
- Responsible for developing sales pipeline, qualifying marketing leads, and managing prospect and customer information through Bloom’s CRM system
- Meets with existing customers to discuss their evolving needs and upcoming orders and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them
- Gives sales presentations to a range of prospective clients
- Represents Bloom at trade shows and other industry events
- Recruits ambassadors for Bloom from existing and new customers, leveraging their connections and reputations to help sell the product
- Maintains relationship with local agriculture extension offices
- Helps determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports
- Coordinates sales efforts with marketing programs
- Understands and promotes company programs
- Participates in the development of a marketing and sales plan
- Serves as a key part of the DC Water/Blue Drop Bloom team
- Identifies and develops new customers and markets for the product
- Conducts market research to better understand the opportunities and limits of the soil needs in the region
- Develops and implements new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Resource Recovery
This position requires at least three years of experience in a direct sales environment. Experience in soils, horticulture, or agriculture is a must. A valid driver’s license is required as this position will spend a majority of time on the road. Blue Drop may choose to conduct a criminal history or driving record check on a successful applicant.
Compensation for this position will consist of a combination of base salary and a commission/revenue share. Blue Drop offers a competitive benefits package, including a retirement plan with employer match and generous paid time off.
This position is based in Blue Drop’s Washington, DC headquarters with flexible telecommuting options and will require significant travel within the several surrounding states. Blue Drop will reimburse the Bloom Sales Representative for mileage on a personal vehicle and provide an expense account for sales activities.
Blue Drop embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We make employment decisions, including hiring, promoting, disciplining and discharging, based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.
Please send questions, resumes and cover letters to Blue Drop Vice President Francesca Valente at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 7. No phone calls, please.