- This event has passed.
Wye-Farmer Training and Certification Winter 2020
January 21 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Farmer Training and Certification workshops provide opportunities for producers with cropland and pastures who use commercial fertilizer and/or manure to learn how to write nutrient management plans for their operation that meet Maryland Department of Agriculture’s regulations. Individuals with fields or pastures high in soil test phosphorus may require additional training and a greater time commitment.
Required Skills: Competency in high school math, familiarity with using a keyboard, and the ability to save and retrieve files is essential for completion of the course and nutrient management plan development.
You will receive:
- A comprehensive training binder – the training binder will be used during the class, serve as a reference during the exam, and as a valuable resource when you write future plans for your operation.
- Certification – producers who pass the exam will be certified by MDA to write their own nutrient management plans.
- Voucher training credits – this class will fulfill the nutrient applicator voucher training requirements.
- Space is limited and registrations are accepted on a first-come basis; therefore, register early.
- Paid registrations must be received 10 days before the first class. For more information, please call 410-841-5959. Classes will be cancelled if there is insufficient enrollment. Registration form linked below.