Location: Calvert Fairgrounds, 140 Calvert Fair Drive, Prince Frederick, MD, 20678 (map)
Description: Would you like to host events or invite the public on your farm? Agritourism is an increasingly popular industry that can diversify and add revenue to your farm business. This include corn mazes, harvest festivals, roadside stands, pick-your-own operations, educational classes, wedding or party facilties, and much more!
Join us for an evening to learn about things you should consider before starting an agritourism operation, including knowing your county's regulations and permits needed, understanding your legal responsibilities and liability concerns, and exploring marketing and sales opportunites.
Speakers include the Agriculture Marketing Specialists from the Southern Maryland region and a panel of experienced agritourism operators including:
- Lisa Barge, Anne Arundel County Economic Development Corporation
- Martin Proulx, Charles County Economic Development
- Kim Rush Lynch, University of Maryland Extension - Prince George's County
- Donna Sasscer, St. Mary's County Department Economic Development
- Anna Chaney, Honey's Harvest Farm (AA)
- Joe-Sam Swann, Swann Farms (Calvert)
- Mary Wood, Forrest Hall Farm (SM)
More to be confirmed.
The workshop will be held at the Calvert Fairgrounds located at 140 Calvert Fair Drive from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. Registration includes a catered meal and all workshop materials.
If you are in any doubt about the status of the workshop due to inclement weather, please call the SMADC hotline at 301-274-1922 ext. 1, then press *832 to hear a message. www.eventbrite.com/e/agritourism-101-workshop-tickets-53109605259?fbclid=IwAR3NCeLiODFqJtcQ158CH3Md_Lmyi7zXxBXM2jBZdpSfNi2zhLxgw