The Accokeek Foundation is seeking a Coordinator for the 2018 Agriculture Conservation Corps. Now in its fourth year, the Agriculture Conservation Corps (ACC) is a 6-week summer workforce development program for Prince George’s County high school students at Piscataway Park. The Coordinator position is a two month,
paid internship beginning mid-June that offers the opportunity to learn about regenerative agriculture as well as teaching the next generation of stewards.
Position Overview – ACC Coordinator
● Facilitate experiential programming on regenerative agriculture and environmental stewardship;
● Coordinate daily curriculum-based activities and field-trips;
● Build positive working relationships with students and staff;
● Participate in and lead agricultural tasks including seeding, transplanting, weeding, harvesting, and animal husbandry;
● Document and evaluate programming; and
● Prepare final program report due August 18.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
This position is ideal for candidates looking to develop and build upon skills and valuable experience in regenerative agriculture, environmental education, and natural resource management in a national park.
Desired qualifications include:
● Experience and comfort working with high school aged students;
● Experience or interest in sustainable agriculture, urban agriculture, food justice or related topics;
● Be able to lift 50 lbs and prepared to engage agricultural work in most weather conditions; and
● Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and a good driving record.
The Coordinator will receive a $5000 stipend, to be divided into 2 equal monthly payments. Candidates must be available to begin June 18 for 30-40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter describing how your experience, skills, and interests make you uniquely qualified for this position by email with the subject line “ACC Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org.