Realtor Training: Selling or Leasing Farmland in Maryland
Created jointly by Maryland FarmLINK, the Maryland Department of Agriculture (MDA) and the University of Maryland, Realtor Training: Selling or Leasing Farmland in Maryland equips realtors with the tools and information necessary to help their clients identify, analyze and purchase or lease farmland in Maryland. Check with your realtor's association to learn if you are eligible for credits for taking the class.
Who should take this class?
Maryland real estate professionals (realtors) who want to be fluent in regulations, zoning and other factors that impact selling, leasing or purchasing farmland in Maryland will benefit from this course. Realtors who have completed the course are listed on Maryland FarmLINK's web site; this listing is made available to buyers seeking to purchase farmland in Maryland. [See Graduate Page]
- trends in agriculture
- Maryland FarmLINK's property exchange
- zoning by county
- step-by-step soil analysis tutorial
- guide to land preservation programs in Maryland
- right-to-farm laws
- conflict resolution services
- agricultural leasing info
- Paul Goeringer is a graduate of Oklahoma State University with a B.S. in Agricultural Economics, the University of Oklahoma with a Juris Doctorate, and the University of Arkansas with an LL.M. in Agricultural Law and an M.S. in Agricultural Economics. Paul is licensed to practice law in Oklahoma and is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association, the American Agricultural Law Association, the Southern Agricultural Economics Association, and the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association. He specializes in Agricultural and Resource Economics department at the University of Maryland. [See full bio here]
How to register
This course is offered periodically at realtor association offices throughout the state. If you would like to be notified the next time the course is offered, please contact Paul Goeringer.
You can also arrange to have this course presented to your group (minimum of five people) at the location of your choosing. If you would like your realtor's association to sponsor a class, please contact Paul Goeringer at (301) 405-3541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.